His works include a number of portraits of Maharajahs and members of royal family, distinguished British residents and prominent figures. Antiques and curios once owned by Travancore royal lineage are showed at Sree Chitra Art Gallery. Prized ones are Bengali paintings, Rajasthani, Mughal miniatures, Tanjavore paintings and selected works of Svetosku Roerich, a Russian artist. Located at : Thiruvananthapuram.
Strips of blue and pink alternating with yellow and red, scalloped arches of a banana yellow, elaborately carved balconies, red and white lattice work and mock friezes make an engrossing ensemble. The ethereal beauty to the structure was added with the magical brush up of Chisholm, a 19th century architect. Located at : Thiruvananthapuram.
Padmanabhapuram palace is a 16th century marvel on wood. It flaunts the dexterity of Kerala's master carpenters Carved wooden ceilings, slatted shuttered windows, intricate interlocking beams, sculpted door panels and pagoda like tiled roofs stand testimony to the deftness of architectures. Intricate carvings, murals and exquisite wall paintings reflect the prolific talent of the sculptors and painters who enjoyed the patronage of Travancore kings. Located at : 52 km from Thiruvananthapuram on Kanyakumari road.
St. Francis Church
Churches elsewhere in the country were modeled after this Portuguese construction. A mute witness to the watershed events in this coastal town, for past five centuries. Vasco Da Gama, the legendary navigator from Lisbon, died at Kochi during his second voyage to Kerala. He was laid to rest in the St. Francis Church on Christmas eve 1524. Years later, his mortal remains were taken back to Portugal. The sepulcher is still preserved in the church hall and is open for visitors. Located at : Fort Kochi, 12 km from Ernakulam.
Built by Portuguese and handed over to Cochin Raja in 1555 AD and the was renamed as Mattanchery Palace in 1663, when the Dutch spruced up the palace. However, neither did Portuguese nor Dutch stay in the palace. Located at : Mattancherry, 10 km from Ernakulam.
On the banks of river Periyar stands imposing Alwaye (now Aluva) palace ruminating over a past, long and eventful. One of the finest palaces in the state with beautiful circular verandahs overlooking the river. Located at : Aluva, 20 km from Ernakulam.
The fort in the nerve center of Palakkad, built by Haider Ali of Mysore, dates back to 1766 A.D. Today known after Haider Ali's son Tipu Sultan. The fort still echoes the ballyhoo of those troops which barged into it to fight pitched battles. The fort was supposed to have built the fort to facilitate communication between Coimbatore and Palakkad, two vantage points. In 1784 after a 11-days siege, Lord Fullerton, the then British Colonel, conquered the fort. Later Zamorin's troops wrested control but the British occupied the fort in 1790.
Thalassery Fort, stand testimony for the vantage position the city enjoyed in the battles between Britain and Tippu Sultan. The first Malayalam daily, Rajyasamacharam, was published from Illikkunu, a sleepy hamlet near Thalassery. Herman Gundert, a German missionary was instrumental behind it. His another contribution for Malayalam language was the first Malayalam Dictionary.
The centuries-old city is the cradle of Indian circus. Leading circus artistes and circus companies have roots in this city.
Bekal Fort, is 14 km off Kasargod, North Kerala. The pristine Bakel beach along with the fort is being groomed into an international tourist destination. The fort has historical as well as archeological significance.