Tourism > India > Kerala > Travel Tips
- Do not smoke in public places.
- Do not give money to beggars.
- Dress moderately.
- Follow the local customs. Ask if in doubt.
- Drink bottled water.
- Carry common medicines for ailments.
- Do not carry plenty of money, use ATM cards.
- Avoid wearing gold and other ornaments.
- Do not wander at night. Avoid red light areas.
- Use a personal lock, as your hotel room can have more than one key!.
- Shopping, do a bit of market survey and bargaining.
- Do not photograph woman.
- Carry a good Digital camera, sufficient memory chips and charges batteries.
- Carry your camera and Binoculars- The beautiful places you share with your family or partner needs to be frozen in time. Your camera is therefore a must. Binoculars are most important if you are planning to hit the wildlife sanctuaries.
- Plan the travel in advance. Collect all the information about the places you want to visit. A good map will be helpful.
- The bright omnipresent sun is ready to give you a perfect tan. Use the sun tan cream as you prefer.
- Wear soft cotton clothing. For the hill stations carry warm clothing as the nights can get chilly.
- Carry attested photocopies of your travel documents and keep the originals in a safely locked baggage.
- Do fill up a Currency Declaration Form along and a Disembarkation Card besides making an oral declaration of the luggage you are carrying.