Chendamangalam is a historic village located about 42 km from Ernakulam town. Chendamangalam is very much appreciated for its scenic beauty. Chendamangalam is often said to be one of the best tourist sites in Kerala. Chendamangalam is the location of the Paliam palace, Vypeenakotta Seminary and is also remarkable for having a Hindu temple, Synagogue, Church and Mosque, all within one kilometer of each other. The place is famous for its harmonious religious settings with church, temple, mosque and the remains of a Jewish synagogue all within the 1 km area. Chendamangalam has three rivers, seven inlets, hillocks and vast expanses of green plains. This land was once the abode of the Paliath Achans, the prime ministers of the Maharajas of Kochi. Their residence, the Paliam Palace represents the architectural splendour of Kerala. The Palace houses a collection of historic documents and relics. The hillocks at Kottayi Kovilakom present an unusual view of the church, temple, mosque and the synagogue. Also interesting is a visit to the remains of the Vypeenkotta Seminary built in the 16th century by the Portuguese. Jews lived here in AD 69 onwards and they moved to Fort Kochi in 1341. Remains of Jewish existence can be seen around Chendamangalam. Remnants of the famous Seminary of Vaippincotta, (Estd. 1584) conducted by the Jesuits, for the training of Syrian clerics, can be seen in the premises of the ancient Church here. The church, established in 1201, was later rebuilt in Portuguese style. The historical remnants are preserved by the archaeological department of the Central Government of India. Chendamangalam is an attraction for students of history and for foreign visitors. It was the seat of the king of Christians of Villarvattom. History records that Archbishop Dr. Menezes of Goa in 1528 visited vaippincotta and administered confirmation to the faithful.
Cherai beach is only 6 km from Paravur town. The coastal highway NH 17 Ernakulam - Manglore passes through this town. This town had been an old trading post and has a Jewish synagogue and had a thriving Jewish community before their resettlement in Israel after its establishment. Cochin Jews lived in the towns of Kochi, Ernakulam and North Paravur.
The various denominations of modern Saint Thomas Christians ascribe their unwritten tradition to the end of the 2nd century and believe that Thomas landed at Maliankara near Moothakunnam village in Paravur Taluk in AD 52. In AD 52 (St. Thomas) founded the churches popularly known as 'Ezharappallikal'. These churches are at Kodungallur, Kottakkayal (North Paravur), Kollam, Niranam, Nilackal (Chayal), Kokkamangalam, Palayoor (Chattukulangara) and Thiruvithamkode — the half church.