This temple is dedicated to goddess Bhagavathy. The special attraction of this temple is the elephant procession during the festival season (March/April).
This temple which is associated with the heroes and heroines of the Vadakkanpattu combines an arresting simplicity and a legendary aura. The candid murals and carvings here are a delight to art lovers.
This temple is 12 km away from Kozhikode. The exquisitely carved Gajaprathista styled laterite structure is more than two centuries old. It is believed that Sree Parashuraman starts his Siva Linga prathista at Tiruvannur and completes it here every noon. The noon pujas here are therefore considered very special.
The Sree Krishna tmple at Karatt and the Shiva temple at Ponmeri have flamboyant paintings depicting Palazhimathanam (the story of the churning of the ocean of milk) from the Puranas.
Varakkal Devi Temple
This temple is considered to be the 108th and the last Devi temple built by Sree Parasurama. It is believed that Parasurama ploughed this area in order to make Devi (the goddess) appear. The main festival here is the Vavu Bali, when thousands congregate to perform the ancestral obsequies. On this day the sea is found to be surprisingly calm as if facilitating the religious observances.
The two temples in this compound at Trikkovil lane have exquisitely painted interiors and elaborately carved porticoes.
Parsi Anju Amman Baug
It is a Fire temple on S M Street dates back to the period when the Parsis, settled in Kozhikode about 200 years ago.
This temple houses a good collection of writings of the Buddha.
It is the largest and the most important temple in the city. It is situated 1.5 km east of Mananchira. It was built in the 14th century. The Tali temple is a fine example of the total integration that can exist between wood and laterite, which is a remarkable feature of the Kerala style of architecture.
It was dating from the 18th century. It has an altar with the crucification and an image of the Virgin Mary.
Mother of God Church
This church built in the Roman architectural style dates back to 1513 AD and is the only one of its kind in Kerala. There is a portrait of St. Mary, more than 200 years old and thus makes it a famous pilgrim centre.
Is one of two such places of worship standing on either side of a large tank known as Kuttichira, a short distance south. The building is raised on a stepped plinth and is contained by masonry walls.
Mucchandipalli mosque is built in the traditional Kerala architectural style. The building stands on a 1.5 m high plinth.
It is the largest mosque in Kozhikode. It take its name from its founder, Nakhuda Mithqali, a local trader during the time of Ibn Battuta. The prayer hall is divided into bays timber column.
Mishkal Masjid, Kuttichira
It is one of the oldest mosques in the city. This four storeyed structure supported by wooden pillars proudly proclaims the architectural splendour of yesteryears. In 1510 the Portuguese burnt down some parts of it, but the charred portions still remain. The mosque is named after the rich trader who built it.